Saturday, February 19, 2011

Art school!!

(my boyfriend and I....courtesy of Kathryn Turner Photography.)


Sooo....lately I have been looking into art schools in the San Francisco area. One was the Academy of Art University, whom I wrote a winning essay for, & won 2 tickets to their senior runway show at New York Fashion Week for last Friday. I am still so sad that I unfortunately couldn't attend, due to prior obligations (i.e.-a retail job interview.) I know, I know....Fashion Week would be worth rescheduling a job interview, but a day job=moving to San Francisco sooner.
I've decided to attend The Art Institute of California - San Francisco for my Bachelors of Fine Art. I've never been so excited in my life!! I'm halfway through the admissions process right now. I'll hopefully be starting out with online courses in April (the day after my birthday!) and then saving up as much as I can to move to San Fran by October so I can start the next quarter on campus :)
It's so ridiculously beautiful, I cannot WAIT to live there :) So much culture and art I am dying to take in. I couldn't begin to imagine a better place for inspiration (in the U.S. at least.) Museums and art galleries and little independent cafés....it'll be pure heaven.
PLUS: many of Condé Nast's publications have branches in San Francisco.
I sense an internship opportunity in the future!






La vie d'amour, le style d'Amour, l'Amour toujours

No comments: