Saturday, February 26, 2011

Breaking down these self-imposed walls.

I'm so nervous to tell anyone about this blog.
I don't know why...probably because it's still so new and in-the-making, but also because criticism makes me defensive.
I think now would be a good time to get over that.
I'm not really much of a "fashion blogger" in the usual sense. Yes, I can put pieces together to create a somewhat majestic over-all visual effect, and that skill will indeed come in handy when I have the opportunity in the future to assist fashion stylists, and eventually wander off into my own ventures of fashion styling. However, I am not a model (definitely not at 5'2") and I am a bit camera-shy. I will occasionally post pictures of myself in different findings I get overly excited about, but more-so in the future months to come. As I've mentioned before, I am currently camera-less (due to my penchant for choosing new paint markers and & sketching pencils over electronics. This also explains why my cell phone has been shut off, but I sure as hell have a new sketchbook.)
I am not here to pick apart any runway looks. I am a designer, not a critic.
I am a lover of art & aesthetics, and my posts will mostly consist of what I myself find to be inspiring....whether it be artwork, poetry, people, music, garments, or things that are completely random.
I've spent the last six years putting all of my focus and energy into the business side of the music industry, and suppressing my own creativity by putting the creative works of other people first.
So please bear with me as I slowly come out of my shell and become more comfortable expressing my own creative core and sharing it with the world.
For those of you who read this and choose to stick around...I thank you for sharing in my growth and progress.
This will surely be an interesting journey :)





La vie d'amour, le style d'Amour, l'Amour toujours

1 comment:

Desirée Nicole said...

You're so sweet :) I see what you mean...and that makes a lot of sense. I guess it's okay to start telling people then, haha :)
Thank you!!