Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I drink coffee like water, and I still never know what to say...

Today I start my very first official workday at my new job. Well....training, but I still get paid nonetheless. I need the moneyss because it's starting to feel like quite a bland life to live without a good ol' camera (I had an old tendency to break things by accident.) That way I will be able to post my OWN photographs instead of stalking New York Magazine and Style.com.

Anywho, getting dressed for work is sucking the fun out of my favorite part of the day. Dress codes are so restricting....I can only where black or khaki pants (however, I would not be caught dead wearing khaki anything) and a white or black shirt. Shoes seem to be open for discussion, as long as they're not sneakers (duhh) and don't need to be a certain color.

I wish I could take a picture of my outfit, but bear with me for the next few weeks.
I'm pretty stoked I found a picture of the boots I own/will be wearing today :)
I love these to death. They make me feel like a classy pirate.
(Boots by Rampage.)
This is the closest thing I could find to represent the vest I am wearing . Except mine has two sets of buttons, an awesome fold-over collar, and is debatable whether it's actually dark brown or black.


The rest of the outfit is a black long sleeve V-neck, a brown cami, black stockings under black H&M shorts.....pfft, I really wish I never broke my camera.
Use your imaginations!! I am definitely exercising mine as I try to stay within "dress-code" and still feel like myself. It's quite horrid to feel uncomfortable at work, when that is where you will spend the majority of your time. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I'm not comfortable in what I'm wearing, it completely ruins my day. However, this is all sacrifice for the greater good: ART SCHOOL.

Maybe I'll just wear red lipstick. That adds instant class and sass.

Okay, I'm off to go finish getting ready. Should probably also ease up on the chugging of coffee, since I will be spending 5 hours sitting at a training computer. I hope they make me watch those lame 80's/90's retiquette videos. They're my favorite part.







La vie d'amour, le style d'Amour, l'Amour toujours

No comments: